GCSSD is partnering with the IRS to share important information about 2021 Advance Child Tax Credit payments. These payments could be up to $1,800 per qualifying child.
To qualify for Advance Child Tax Credit payments, individuals must:
- Have a main home in the United States for more than half the year or file a joint return with a spouse who has a main home in the United States for more than half the year; and
- Have a qualifying child who is under the age 18 at the end of 2021 and who has a valid Social Security number; and
- If have earned income, made less than the Modified Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of:
- $75,000 or less for singles,
- $112,500 or less for heads of household and
- $150,000 or less for married couples filing a joint return and qualified widows and widowers
In order to receive this credit you will need to complete the Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool available at IRS.gov. For additional questions contact the IRS at irs.gov.